The Volunteers Officer will recruit Volunteers for the day as well as for the preparation sessions. This person should be highly organised and engaging and able to speak in public. This role gets busier near the time of the event but would be required to help with additional ad hoc tasks in the lead up.
Where do they fit in?
The Volunteers Officer reports directly to the MM Coordinator.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
· Recruit volunteers for packing sessions
· Recruit volunteers for on the day
· Plan and deliver volunteer training sessions
· Main point of contact for all volunteers
· Coordinate logistics for volunteers – incl. scheduling shifts, arranging food & water, ensuring adequate volunteer coverage on the day.
· Attend all sub-committee meetings
· Carry out any other ad hoc tasks